Preparing For Interviews
What happens now?
So, you found a job that sounded ideal; written the perfect covering letter and submitted a comprehensive, well-set-out CV. You then receive the news you are invited for an interview. The next steps are very important:
- Extensively research the company’s background.
- Assess their website content – for the way they describe themselves, their history and their goals for the future.
- Articulate (and make notes) about why you want this job with this firm and why they should consider you.
- Print off a copy of your CV to take with you.
- Plan the route and estimate how long it will take you to get there (allow extra time).
- Make sure you are presentable.
And most of all – read our in-depth guide to interview questions!
We have created a four part series to take you through the most commonly asked questions in interviews, the motivations behind these and how to prepare your responses.
Part 1: The introductory questions
Part 2: Describing weaknesses and challenges you have faced
Part 3: Exploring your maturity and how you apply yourself
Part 4: Are you right for this position?