Are you an experienced Contentious Trusts and Probate Lawyer looking for your next new challenge with a leading Law Firm?
Our client is looking for an individual to join their team as a Senior Associate or Associate on a full-time permanent basis. Alternatively, you may be a Partner, seeking a new opportunity. You should have a minimum of four years’ PQE in Contentious Trusts and Probate, this role requires excellent legal knowledge, technical skills and the ability to provide practical advice. You will be a confident and capable communicator, experienced in working with clients and colleagues to achieve results. You should also be organised and proactive in your approach, with the ability to manage and prioritise to meet deadlines.
Our client is a distinguished law firm, ranked in the Top 500 and holding numerous prestigious accreditations in recognition of their exceptional legal advice. With a rich history spanning two centuries, they have cultivated a strong and respected presence as a premier law firm in the Hertfordshire and London regions. Committed to progress, they are continually evolving and have a dedicated team of over 100 professionals.
Is this the position for you?
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience of working in a contentious probate role
- Good team player to include liaising with other teams
- IT skills – use of a case management would be ideal
- Experience of efficient working practices such as electronic filing
- Skills and an enthusiasm to grow and develop this area of work
- The ability to manage and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- An industry specific accreditation or qualification such as ACTAPS or SFE would be ideal
What will be expected from you?
- Removing executors or trustees
- Making a claim against an executor or trustees
- Defending claims by beneficiaries
- Challenging a Will or the terms of a Trust
- Inheritance Act claims
- Court of Protection and succession disputes
- Power of Attorney disputes
- Liaising with third parties, experts and other specialists
- An ability to build effective and positive relationships with clients, referrers and colleagues that embrace the importance of trust and collaboration
- Supervising junior members of staff
- Proactive marketing and business development to secure further work for the team.
You will be part of a close-knit and experienced team, and receive the support and guidance you need to develop your skills and knowledge. We also offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with some of the most respected clients in the UK and internationally.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (INCLUDING SPAM FOLDER) FOR CONFIRMATION YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
In accordance with The Conduct of Agencies and Businesses Regulations Act of 2003 - https://ukdsi/2003/0110483138