Are you a 1-year PQE Court of Protection Solicitor looking for a fresh challenge within a leading Legal 500 and Chambers accredited Firm?
Our client is seeking a Solicitor with a passion for access justice with experience across a range of Community Care and Court of Protection work on publicly funded, along with private matters.
The Firm obtain good referral sources from local charities ad NGOs, working collaboratively to achieve the best outcomes for clients. They are unable to meet the current demands for these services, prompting a search for an individual to expand and enhance this line of work. You will be working with vulnerable clients across a variety of needs, some facing eviction or a lack of community care services.
The Legal 500 Firm, with a legacy spanning over a century, is widely acknowledged for its esteemed reputation. Boasting a sizable team of proficient lawyers who are dedicated to upholding the values of professionalism, clarity, respect, and genuine care, while providing an extensive range of expert legal services. Embracing a collaborative ethos, the firm cultivates a supportive atmosphere for both clients and colleagues, working towards achieving optimal outcomes. Recognising the effectiveness of teamwork, they understand that the best results emerge from collective efforts.
Type of work:
- Challenging assessments and care plans
- Ensuring that local authorities comply with their safeguarding duties
- Identifying judicial review challenges and potential Court of Protection cases
- Acting for “P” via a litigation friend or family members in Court of Protection proceedings in relation to P’s welfare
What will be expected from you?
- Carrying out casework, promptly and efficiently
- Analysing legal matters and advising clients of appropriate course of action.
- Communicating clearly and regularly with clients and complying with ‘client care’ requirements
- Dealing with all routine correspondence, negotiations and advocacy
- Ensuring that time spent on all casework is promptly recorded and on conclusion of cases that they are billed and payment is recorded
- To ensure, where any part of the work within the department is funded by the Legal Aid Agency that requirements are met.
- Keeping up-to-date with general legal developments
- Undertaking appropriate administrative tasks in accordance with the Office Manual
- Providing supervision where appropriate and/or reporting to supervisors
- Experience of working to targets
- Excellent IT Skills
- Experience of Legal Aid funding and using CCMS
- Experience of privately-funded work
What is on offer in return?
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Bonus scheme
- Health Cashback Plan
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Career development programme
- Length of service awards
- Staff forums and committees
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (INCLUDING SPAM FOLDER) FOR CONFIRMATION YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
In accordance with The Conduct of Agencies and Businesses Regulations Act of 2003 - https://ukdsi/2003/0110483138