Corporate Social Responsibility & Policies
We’re keen to make a difference within our local and business communities and are proud to contribute through events and sponsorship
Some of the fundraising our firm and individuals have been involved with include:
Marie Curie Daffodil Appeal
The London Legal Walk (Legal Support Trust)
St Mungo's Homeless Charity
We support several local sports clubs including:
St. Ives Hockey Club
Bar Hill Football Club
We also look to support events being run by our clients so if you are fundraising for a good cause, please contact us and we will try to contribute financially or with people to help.
Keep an eye on this page for news on our Corporate Social Responsibility activities and how we’re getting involved.
Modern Slavery Policy
Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 sets out that companies with an annual turnover of over £36 Million are required by law to issue a statement that, in part, covers the company supply chain and all parts of their business. Law Staff Legal Recruitment Ltd is keen to show due diligence in relation to the act.
Although Law Staff Legal Recruitment Ltd is below the required threshold to legally produce a Modern Slavery Strategy we are aware that many of our clients are legally bound by it and as such we have taken steps to ensure our part in any of our clients supply chains is covered for their reassurance.
This Statement is made on behalf of Law Staff Recruitment Ltd.
Our Business and Supply Chain
Law Staff Legal Recruitment Ltd operates as an employment business and employment agency, predominantly sourcing and supplying skilled staff for the legal sector.
As a staffing provider, all temporary and permanent candidates who register with us are subject to a full review and telephone interview with trained recruitment consultants, and their identification and right to work in the UK documentation is inspected and photocopied. In order to protect the integrity of our process, we do not sub contract provision of our labour supply at any time. As workers and prospective employees are directly sourced by Law Staff Legal Recruitment Ltd, out link any supply chain is as a supplier – any supply chain into Law Staff Recruitment Ltd is incidental, as an example the purchase of office supplies.
Our Policy on Slavery and Human Trafficking
We are committed to ensuring that we take all reasonable steps to ensure that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking within our business.
· All prospective new workers are reviewed and interviewed (by telephone) with questions specifically targeted to try and identify whether they are subject to any form of modern slavery.
· We operate a policy of workers only being able to have their wages paid into a bank account that is in their name (individual or joint). We have systems in place to monitor duplicate occurrences of bank accounts and multiple uses of the same home address so that we can investigate concerns.
· All staff responsible for recruiting and sourcing workers are trained in our policies.
· Law Staff Legal Recruitment Ltd is an official member of APSCo (Association of Professional Staffing Companies)
· Where Law Staff Recruitment Ltd does have supplier agreements in place for office supplies and sundries, wherever possible we utilise trusted local companies with whom we have long standing relationships.
· All employees working in Law Staff Legal Recruitment Ltd receive induction training that educates them about modern slavery and spotting the potential signs of modern slavery.
· All employees who are responsible for recruiting workers receive additional training in relation to our recruiter principles and policy.
On an ongoing basis, responsibility lies with the company Director to ensure that management teams are training and keeping the company understanding of the issues involved in modern slavery are kept up to.
If you are concerned about Modern Slavery in your workplace or require assistance from us,
Please contact us Admin@law-staff.co.uk